StudyNotesWiki

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Special Exam Jan/Feb
Re:Special Exam Jan/Feb 1 Month, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 233
Mine not showing either
Legal Eagle
Master's Candidate Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Final semester LLB
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Special Exam Jan/Feb 1 Month, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 0
Good day.

Please advise if you have received your results?
havashinip
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph

Hi,

How were your results communicated to you?

I still have not received mine.
havashinip
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:Special Exam Jan/Feb 1 Month, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 8
E-mailed to mylife email and you can view it on results tool like usual. I have never been so happy to see 50% passed, LLB done. Lets hope the audit is in time for this April/May Graduations.
monster77
Second Year Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph
LLB Completed 2017.

Hi

Lets us know if you get audited in time for graduation this semester.

Still have not received mine
Renz10
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:Special Exam Jan/Feb 1 Month, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 233
Received my results...no email sent via myunisa, no SMS....I just logged on and saw that I failed.

45% = FAIL. Unlike all previous portfolio examination results, there is not a break down of the year mark and what the actual portfolio result was to give the exact breakdown of how they reached my final mark. It just says 45%. Fail - No supp. THE END.

I received an SMS from Unisa to "register for LML4806" for the first semester "just in case", but it was almost end Feb when I received the SMS and registrations had closed already on 30 / 31 Jan.....so already too late. Also, my number of modules would have been exceeded for my degree because I am in (well was supposedly) my final semester.

I am not the only one that has received 45% for this portfolio exam....which took the department 3 months to mark and who also extended the submissions of portfolios by over a month, if not 6 weeks.
Are those students who benefited from this long extension to submit not at an unfair advantage to those of us who submitted within the prescribed limited time of 48 hours? The portfolio exam questions remained the same for that entire extension which means they could research and prep for a MONTH longer than those of us who submitted within 48 hours of receiving the paper.

As law students....are none of us questioning the prejudice to us, which is unjustified, because of Unisa's incompetence and/or shocking maladministration???
This should have been my final semester. Now, according to Unisa's "strict rules and policies of the university" (how convenient), I am forced to register for another semester for this one module.

I am incensed by the entire process, the lack of explanations, not to mention that the few "Announcements" made were anything but explanations, but rather excuses. And then they bow out.

NO! NO! NO!!!!! I reject this injustice. It is disgusting!!!!

Try phoning Muckleneuk Campus....you're lucky if a call gets picked up after 2 days of calling which has ZERO impact or assistance, never mind trying to contact the Dean.....OH PLEASE.....even more useless. Speaking to examinations department equally ineffective and they don't even try to assist or offer alternatives to resolve the issue....which is not of our doing.
Call Registrations department....OH SORRRYYYYYY....registrations have closed.....DUH!!!!! I KNOW....but this eff-up is not of my doing.
Escalate to the Ombudsman and by the time you receive an acknowledgement that they have received your complaint....it's already November 2018.

It is shocking that after all the months of delays and unexplained "issues", now there is nobody to answer telephone calls, never mind answering questions which, as paying students, we have a right to be acknowledged.

To those of you that passed, congratulations!!!! It is not my intention to minimise your success. But this process has NOT been fair, nor has it been within the "Rules of the University".

Once again, truly....MY SINCERE and HEARTFELT congrats to everyone who passed and especially if this was your last module required to complete your degree!!!

I intend to argue, fight, debate and challenge the process surrounding the Portfolio Examination process. If there is anyone who would like to join me and fight as a unit, then please PM me....strength in numbers.

P.S.....to the person who dropped me at number 99...misleading me into having faith.....leaving me without a life vest.....whose intentions I only recognised of late, leading me to have false faith and belief with the intention of seeing me fail, I want to say WELL DONE!!!!! You achieved your goal. But I will NEVER fail or give up. No matter how long it takes, how many more battles must be fought, I came this far without anyone else's help so this is merely another speed bump, one of many that I have faced and gotten past....I hope you are sleeping well at night.

L.E.
Legal Eagle
graphgraph
graphgraph
Final semester LLB

Re:Special Exam Jan/Feb 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Hi

I also failed n could not understand how so disappointing but just when I forgot Im concentrating on company law , boom I see they have returned MRL on myunisa with new F1 portfolio due on 02 May like WTF?? this module is so frustrating I did my best in the January portfolio and got 27% with no comments n had to wait 2mnths for it , now this??WTF really??
vuyillb
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph

Hi L.E,

I'm totally with you on this portfolio situation.

What do you have in mind?

JP
JPT
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:Special Exam Jan/Feb 1 Month ago Karma: 1
Hi there

What is this portfolio for 2nd May?
maverick24
First Semester Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Heya Peeps as a group of us discussed through whatsapp about our questionable results for MRL4801. We are going to send emails to the ombudsman. All students who just received a mark without explanation. A student sent a picture of a message they received from unisa. There is something really wrong with the marks!!! So everyone who has a problem with the questionable results and irregularities for MRL4801 send your query to the ombudsman. Phoning the campus does not help at all!! Emailing exams@unisa.ac.za email address also does not help at all!! Congratulations to those who passed but the explanation unisa gave about the marks is bullsh!t. With unisa its one cluster of bullsh!t after another. They took like forever to mark the portfolios and when we finally do receive our marks they give you a sh!tty explanation. And some students had more time to complete the portfolio Wtf!!! Strength in numbers people unisa needs to answer for all the sh!t they put us through.
At least they heard or cry of outrage when it came to the may exams. They can't make their problem our problem they were the ones who screwed up!! They screwed up our marks too! Unisa is milking us for our money!! Does anyone perhaps know what the deans email address is? Or anyone higher up in the hierarchy of unisa?
Jessmcanda
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:Special Exam Jan/Feb 3 Weeks, 5 Days ago Karma: 1
hi Jess - any update on this? I also refuse to accept the mark.
maverick24
First Semester Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:Special Exam Jan/Feb 3 Weeks, 5 Days ago Karma: 0
Heya everyone JPT, Vuyillb, Legal Eagle, Maverick24 and all other students involved. I am urging you guys to fill in a referral form for the ombudsman. I am trying to get the email address of the Principal and Vice Chancelor of unisa. The exams@unisa.ac.za really screwed up this time. Still have received no feedback from them. Big surprise... NOT!

The exams@unisa.ac.za claims the new subminimum is 30% and that's why our marks are so low WTF! They are digging themselves a grave that they won't be able to get out of. That's the worst bullsh!t excuse I ever heard. Its obvious they are now trying to cover their sh!t up! One student mentioned that unisa likes repeating their mistakes which is so true.

I think Carte Blanche and Checkpoint need to informed of ALL the bullsh!t we students go through with unisa. Come on peeps first fill in the referral form for the ombudsman and if anyone has the Principal and Vice Chancelor of unisa's email address please share it on this forum its time to expose unisa for taking advantage of students.

Jess Mc
Jessmcanda
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:Special Exam Jan/Feb 2 Weeks, 4 Days ago Karma: 2
Please help me - did you manage to figure out what the portfolio exam is about?
Fai-fai
Second Semester Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:Special Exam Jan/Feb 2 Weeks, 3 Days ago Karma: 0
Hey Fai-fai no idea have received no response or explanation from unisa!!!

Has anyone had any luck in getting the principal of unisa's contact details?
Jessmcanda
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:Special Exam Jan/Feb 2 Weeks, 2 Days ago Karma: 37
Jessmcanda wrote:
Heya everyone JPT, Vuyillb, Legal Eagle, Maverick24 and all other students involved. I am urging you guys to fill in a referral form for the ombudsman. I am trying to get the email address of the Principal and Vice Chancelor of unisa. The exams@unisa.ac.za really screwed up this time. Still have received no feedback from them. Big surprise... NOT!

The exams@unisa.ac.za claims the new subminimum is 30% and that's why our marks are so low WTF! They are digging themselves a grave that they won't be able to get out of. That's the worst bullsh!t excuse I ever heard. Its obvious they are now trying to cover their sh!t up! One student mentioned that unisa likes repeating their mistakes which is so true.

I think Carte Blanche and Checkpoint need to informed of ALL the bullsh!t we students go through with unisa. Come on peeps first fill in the referral form for the ombudsman and if anyone has the Principal and Vice Chancelor of unisa's email address please share it on this forum its time to expose unisa for taking advantage of students.

Jess Mc

What do you mean the sub minimum is 30% ?
Angi
graphgraph
graphgraph
“Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power. If you realize that you have enough, you are truly rich.”
― Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Re:Special Exam Jan/Feb 2 Weeks, 2 Days ago Karma: 0
Hey Angi yes "the new sub minimum is 30%" according to the exam department who messed up our marks and tried to sweep their bullsh!t under the table. A student requested a breakdown of her results and the exam department told her the sub minimum was 30% and hence the low mark we students received!! Which is absolute BS.

Guys I've been emailing the ombudsman and received no correspondence from them. So alternatives is contacting Carte Blanche and giving them the facts and let them investigate.
carteblanche.dstv.com/tell-your-story/
Or referring the matter to the Public Protector.
A lot of students were affected negatively because of unisa's bullsh!t some were suppose to graduate but because of unisa's plot to get more money out of students they messed up our marks and gave random marks and tried to justify it by claiming the "new sub minimum" is 30%. If the "new sub minimum is 30% where is the official letter stating the fact that the new sub minimum is 30%?
Jessmcanda
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:Special Exam Jan/Feb 1 Week, 1 Day ago Karma: 0
Hey guys. I sent an email to the dean of law but I'm still waiting for a response. Did anyone manage to get the principle of unisa's email address? A few other students also requested their portfolio mark and said they noticed that some were given +4 marks and some +5 marks and that their subminimum is also indicated as 30%. Have any of you received feedback?
Jessmcanda
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12

Advertisement

Polls

Are you happy with Unisa's online registration process?